This scholarship helps Black women launch a consulting business from the skills they’ve picked up in their 9–5s. Applications close on March 31, 2021 [Currently Closed]!
We’re going through a lot right now: we’re still in this pandemic, still peacefully protesting and being met with non-peaceful responses, we witnessed a whole domestic terror—wait, they’re calling that an “insurrection”??—and that’s on top of the general nonsense of daily life. It’s all mentally and physically exhausting. Still though, you gotta go to work and sit in meetings with these folks who just don’t understand why you’re fed up.
I imagine you’re just about ready to work for yourself right about now. Ideally, remotely (so that when you can get up out of wherever you are—you can hop on the first thing outta there). Yeah, I’m sure you’re more than ready to start bringing in income without checking in at some job that doesn’t offer you the mental and emotional space to live as you’d like.
But—like many good things—learning how to live that life costs money. And, well…unfortunately, that ain’t in the budget right now.
We at House of Brand Therapy understand all too well. So we set up a scholarship program for you!
We’ll enroll you in our From 9-5 to Consultant™ Accelerator, for the free, as long as you stick with the course timeline and complete your weekly check-ins (the program is about 6-8 weeks long and requires a few hours of self-paced learning a week).
If you’re not familiar with the program, learn more about it here (MAJOR NOTE: This scholarship may not include 1-on-1 calls, but will include instructor interaction).
In addition to completing new modules each week for six weeks, you’re required to keep a video journal (which you’ll share with us).
Depending on the amount of scholarship recipients, you may even have a community alongside you with whom you can get in touch and compare notes.
Here’s what you’ll need to apply
Criteria for Consideration:
- You have a minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in the field you’re starting a business
- You are a Black woman (We’re not going to say “African-American”, because this isn’t only open to Americans. Let’s say “women descendants of the African diaspora”. Or maybe you identify more in the vein of “women of Caribbean descent”. Either way, you know who you are.)
- the completed application below
- an introduction video (please keep this under 5 minutes) mentioning:
- a concern you have about starting a consulting business as a Black woman
- or a story of an experience you’ve had in your career that you know only happened because you’re a Black woman
Also, your introduction video should convince us:
- you’ll commit to completing the work and doing your weekly check-ins on time.
- you’re actually experiencing a financial challenge (and not just trying to get this for free.99).
- you understand this is going to be hard, but fulfilling, work; we don’t care for excuses.
- you’re committed to making this a business that you can live on (even if you choose to hold on to your day job a little longer, you need to commit to making this business a viable option for your primary source of income)
- you’re motivated to launch your consulting business in the next 6 months.
You’re not too old to be on scholarship and your age shouldn’t stop you from pursuing success in consulting.
If money is getting in the way of your consulting business, we want to help. It won’t be easy, but it will be rewarding AF.
If you’re ready to take this leap with us, complete your application ASAP.
Have questions or a problem with your application? Contact Scholarships [at] houseofbrandtherapy.com (you’ll have to manually type in the @ when you send the email).
‼️ Applications are currently closed. If you’d like us to tell you when related opportunities are available, leave us a way to get in touch with you below.