What is House of Brand Therapy?
House of Brand Therapy is a brand development agency and education space which focuses on developing who your brand is before deciding how your brand looks. If your brand doesn’t have a personality and message that deeply connects with it’s target audience, your brand’s look won’t keep their attention.
In a nutshell: first we develop who your brand is and then we help you create a look that resonates with the people you’re trying to reach.
Our educational materials (courses, accelerators, trainings, etc.) have been designed for Black women who want to build high-quality, luxury, and one-of-a-kind brands but struggle with impostor syndrome.
According to PsychologyToday.com, “People who struggle with imposter syndrome believe that they are undeserving of their achievements and the high esteem in which they are, in fact, generally held.”
We find that many Black women may be highly educated and held in high regard in some circles (like social and family circles) but still have a hard time advancing in their careers because of the hyper-criticism and general bias they encounter in the workplace.
It gets hard to boss up and take what you deserve when people keep telling you you’re not ready, you’re not qualified, it’s not your time—or just blatantly pass you over without an explanation.
So, the first step in any of our branding programs is to get that impostor syndrome in check. No, it’s probably not what you thought you’d be doing when you build or rebuild your brand, but it might be the most important thing you ever do for your brand(s) and your bank account.
“Imposter syndrome is still more prevalent among women, and specifically women of color…”PsychologyToday.com
And you are…
We know most brand owners can benefit from House of Brand Therapy, however, we selectively work people on achieving specific brand goals. If you’ve seen our ads or heard a podcast that felt like it was just for you, you probably have exactly the kind of brand we work with.
To be sure, see if you nod along to any of the descriptions below:
- You are a freelancer who wants to grow your freelancing into a business that supports you (so you can take a vacation or pay yourself for sick days)
- You want to leave your 9-5 job to start a service-based or consulting business (related to what you did in your 9-5)
- You want to stay in your 9-5 field, but you want more clout in your industry than you have right now
- You want to invest in and grow your blog, podcast, or other content creation platform
- You’re a founder who needs to separate your personal brand from your business’s brand
- You have a freelance business, but you can’t land clients who pay you as well as you want to be paid
- You own a business and need to rebrand or reach a new audience
- You are a solopreneur, or the lead decision maker for your brand (if you and your business partner aren’t on the same page, or if you need a team’s buy-in before you can make a decision, House of Brand Therapy’s methods may not work for you at this time)
See which of our Services is best for you.